Today marks the beginning of 39 weeks! Finally in the home stretch!!! Yay! This past week we had 2 doctor appointments. The first one was on Tuesday. Kallie's heart rate remained in the 140-150 range. I didn't have any cervical change from our appointment the week before - still about 1 cm and 60 - 70% effaced. My blood pressure was an issue this visit though. It was running in the 140's/90's range, plus I had significant swelling in my legs and protein in my urine. The doctor decided she wanted to send me over to triage for a few hours for closer monitoring of my blood pressure and then we would figure out a plan. Off to triage I went. For the first hour they pretty much just monitored my pressures and Kallie's heart rate. The nurse had to draw blood so she decided to just go ahead and start an IV in case they decided to keep me for an induction. Well long story short...it took her awhile to get the IV and in the midst of it I about passed out!! That pretty much fixed my blood pressure at that point in time! It dropped back down to a normal level and stayed there. They kept me for another hour and then released me.
Our second appointment of the week was yesterday. Still no real changes to report. My cervix changed slightly...now 1-2 cm. I was hoping for more change, but really with being on bedrest I guess I can't expect much to happen. Kallie still looked great and her head is still down. Yay! My blood pressure is still pretty much all over the place. My swelling was actually better today and I didn't have any protein in my urine. The doctor said they have been holding off on induction until this point because...my blood pressure has been high but stable and with it being a first baby if they push my body before it is ready...that increases my risk for a c-section. However...because of the high blood pressure there is no need for me to go beyond our due date. So the plan is if Miss Kallie doesn't come on her own by this coming Tuesday the 15th...then we will go in for an induction. It is so exciting to know that we will be meeting this little lady soon!!
6 years ago

Yay Julia!! She's coming so soon! I hope you're getting plenty of rest and enjoying this weekend as much as you can! Tuesday will be here so soon!
ReplyDelete